Call us now:
Mortgage Loan Officer
At Obsidian, we’re all about professionalism, speed, and innovation. Our work environment is designed to support your success, offering work-from-home options, growth opportunities, flexible schedules, and unwavering team support.
Obsidian is a fully delegated lender licensed in 32 states, and we’re looking for Mortgage Loan Officers/Originators who are ready to make a difference in their communities while earning the maximum compensation.
We are a lending institution committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity in our workforce. Our organization is dedicated to hiring, training, and supporting Mortgage Loan Officers from all backgrounds, including those with disabilities and veterans. We provide comprehensive training programs that enable individuals to pursue rewarding careers within the mortgage industry.
What we offer our Mortgage Loan Officers:
- Dedicated and experienced in-house Processing & Underwriting.
- Ability to choose 1099 or W2 employment
- Transition desk giving you access to utilize all of our state licenses.
- State-of-the-art LOS System.
- HUD approved lender status.
- Access to low-cost lead generation programs with exclusive Obsidian pricing. Guidance from Regional Managers who serve as mentors on your loans. Scenarios Desk for support.
- Weekly training to keep you at the top of your game.
- A wide array of loan programs and DPA’s to cater to diverse client needs. And much, much more!
- Pre-Qualify clients
- Ability to prequalify clients and input information for disclosing.
- Submit a complete file then move on to the next deal.
- Interact with processing and UW to close loans fast.
- Collect financial information (e.g. taxes, debts)
- Evaluate creditworthiness and eligibility for obtaining a mortgage loan
- Interview clients
- Guide clients through mortgage loan options
- Prepare and submit mortgage loan applications
- Ensure data are in line with national and local financial rules
- Monitor and report on application processes
- Inform clients about loan approval or rejection
- Help resolve problems with applications
- Research new mortgage loan policies
- Ensure compliance with privacy laws and confidentiality policies throughout the process
- Build a supportive referral network (e.g. with clients, lenders, real estate agents)
- Mortgage Loan Officers must hold an active NMLS license in at least one of the 32 states where Obsidian holds a license.
- Possession of your own book-of-business.
- At least 2 years of independent MLO experience is recommended.
- Proficiency in income calculation and understanding income documents.
- Excellent communication skills. Bilingual proficiency is a plus.
Why a Mortgage Loan Officer Position with Obsidian?
We know that great rates are not enough. As a result we provide an exceptionally high level of service and strive to distinguish ourselves as a leader in the industry. Our enormous pooled buying power gives us access to the best mortgage rates and programs in the market. Additionally, by combining innovative mortgage programs with the best available rates, we offer a full range of financing choices tailored to your specific needs, so you can close more loans, faster, and earn more.
No Benefits Provided – Contract Only